The Newman's Own Awards for Military Community Excellence
Now private organizations have a special opportunity to help their local military community. Just provide an innovative program that improves the quality of life for military families and their communities, and your organization could be awarded funding for implementing your plan.
- Overall winning organization - American Legion Auxiliary of McLean, Virginia, who received $10,000 to provide assistance to injured and wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
- Fort Lewis, WA - $5000 for outreach to children with special needs, with an emphasis on deploying units.
- The Family Readiness Group of the 846th Transportation Company - North Carolina Army Reserve unit received an honorable mention.
- Summer Camp Adventure - Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base, NC; Armed Services YMCA and Family Advocacy staffs at Fort Bragg and Pope Air Force Base
- Read to Lead - Schofield Barracks, HI; Family Readiness Group of the 1st Battalion, 62nd Air Defense Artillery Regiment
- ACCESS - (Eagle Army Compassionate Cancer Education Support Services), Fort Campbell, KY; Blanchfield Army Community Hospital medical department auxiliary
- Baby Bundle - Fort Drum, NY; New York Enlisted Spouses Club
- Adopt-A-Platoon, Fort Drum; The Military Child Education Coalition, TX; PULSAR (intervention for at risk youth), Fort Bragg; and Adopt-A-Platoon (morale lifting mail), Kingston, New Hampshire.