Background | Purpose | Eligibility | Nominating Procedures | Format | Archive
- The nomination of volunteers, whose contributions are believed to merit this recognition, will be made by installations on an annual basis. Installations are under no obligation to submit nominations. There is no limit on the number of nominations submitted or number of awards issued. There is no limit on the number of times an individual can receive the EMBA, however, caution must be taken to assure previous award hours are not included in new award. This award is presented to those volunteers who have demonstrated extraordinary dedication and sustained service to Army Community Service.
- Volunteers will be nominated for this award per instructions from IMCOM (IMCOM G-9, Family and MWR Programs) found at www.myarmyonesource.com
- Nominations will be forwarded by a memorandum signed by the garrison commander (or designee) and received NLT 30 September by: Garrison Support Team (GST) Point of Contact (POC) Cynthia Taylor Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org for Central and Atlantic regions and OCONUS Region Point of Contact (POC) for Europe and Pacific regions or specified Army command NLT 30 September.
- Garrison Support Team POC, OCONUS Region POC or specified Army command will review the nominations, preferably by committee, to ensure eligibility requirements are met. When a nomination packet does not fully meet the criteria for the EMBA, GST POC/Region POC/Army command will recommend an alternative recognition award (if applicable) that would be more appropriate.
- One copy of each nomination considered appropriate for receipt of the award will be forwarded by a cover letter, signed by the region /Army Command endorsing the nominations to IMCOM G-9 POC Lorraine Clark Lorraine.email@example.com by 1 November. Include the following statement:
“This nominee meets all eligibility criteria for the Emma Marie Baird Award"
Forward this packet to:
IMCOM G9, ATTN: IMWR-F, Family Programs Division – Lorraine Clark
2455 Reynolds Road Bldg 2266
Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234-7588
- All nominations considered appropriate for receipt of the award will be forwarded for Chief of Staff of the Army signature. Signed certificates and lapel pins will be mailed to recipient’s Army Community Service Director (or designee) for presentation during National Volunteer Week recognition in April.
NOMINATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE FOLLOWING:
- Nomination Packet
- Nomination Narrative Section I
- Nomination Narrative Section II
- Nomination Narrative Section III
- Nomination Narrative Section IV
- Other Documents
- Volunteer Service Record (include current to date)
- Volunteer Agreement
- Volunteer Position Description(s)