EMPLOYMENT READINESS: WHERE CAREER SUCCESS BEGINS
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) provides services to military Spouses, active duty Military, active Reserve and National Guard, Wounded Warriors, Retirees, DoD Civilians, and all Family Members. Services include:
- Up-to-date resource information on available local, national and international employment opportunities, job market trends, and education and volunteer resources.
- Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship.
- Resume critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments.
- Job fairs and other hiring events.
- Teen/youth employment Information
- Computers with internet access, resume writing software, and typing tutorials
The ERP Manager can provide information to the following Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) programs offered to military Spouses:
Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO): A program offered to all military spouses through Military OneSource, which offers employment assistance with exploring portable career options; education, training, financial aid and state occupational license/credential requirements; career readiness to include interview skills, resume building, etc.; and links to employment sources such as the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) and OPMjobs.gov.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA): A program offered to eligible military spouses as part of the OSD, Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program.
- Eligibility restricted to spouses of active duty E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2 serving on Title 10 orders.
- Financial assistance limited to $4,000.
- Financial assistance must be used three years from the start date of the first class.
- Financial assistance may only be used for an Associate Degree, occupational license or credential.
For more information go to www.militaryonesource.mil
Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): An expanding partnership between military Spouses seeking employment and corporate businesses committed to providing meaningful and portable careers. Military Spouses are encouraged to visit the MSEP website at www.msepjobs.militaryonesource.mil to find employment opportunities and post resumes.
What Can We Do For You?
A professional job search trainer will help you identify your skills and assist you in every step of the way during your job search.
What job information is available?
You’ll have access to an unlimited number of automated databases on the Internet that list employers and employment opportunities. You’ll also have access to actual vacancy announcements and employment information from state, local and government agencies.
How do I start?
Visit the Employment Readiness Program Manager at your local Army Community Service Center (See ERP Managers Roster for a location closest to you)
Click on the links below to see civilian staff members that have earned recognition from their home stations.
Click Here to open a larger pdf of the above image
The "Applying for Federal Employment Workshop," offered at Army Community Service, walks participants through the process of searching, applying and securing government jobs.
WASHINGTON, Feb. 17, 2011 – From education opportunities to spouse employment, Defense Department officials are expanding military family support programs to better meet families’ current needs.