Live Chat Support

Welcome! I’m Robert

Your State Community Support Coordinator. Here you will find helpful resources in your area.

Contact Me:

If you are unable to locate discharge and separation papers, duplicate copies may be obtained by writing the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63132-5100. Specify that a duplicate separation document or discharge is needed. The veteran's full name should be printed or typed, and the request must contain the signature of the veteran or the signature of the next of kin, if the veteran is deceased. Include the veteran's branch of service, service number or Social Security number (whichever is appropriate), and the exact or approximate years of service.

If possible, use Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records, which is available from VA offices, County Veterans Service Officers (CVSO), and most veteran service organizations. A copy of the DD214 is sent to the state veterans affairs office of the home state of each veteran upon discharge or separation from active duty or initial active duty for training (IADT).

Indiana veterans may contact the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs to see if a copy of their DD-214 is on file in Indianapolis (317-232-3910 or toll free at 800-400-4520).