Live Chat Support

Welcome! I’m

Your State Community Support Coordinator. Here you will find helpful resources in your area.

If you are a military member separating from active duty, you may qualify for unemployment compensation if you are unable to find a new job.  The Unemployment Compensation for Ex-service members program provides benefits for eligible ex-military personnel.  The program is administered by the states as agents of the Federal government.  You are eligible if:

  • You were on active duty with a branch of the U.S. military, you may be entitled to benefits based on that service.
  • You must have been separated under honorable conditions.
  • There is no payroll deduction from your wages for unemployment insurance protection.  Benefits are paid for by the various branches of the military.


Your state employment office ( handles unemployment compensation.  Benefits vary from state to state.  Because of this, only the office where you apply will be able to tell you the amount and duration of your entitlement.  To receive unemployment compensation, YOU MUST APPLY.  The best time to do that is when you visit the Local Veterans Employment Representative ( at the state employment services office for assistance in finding a new job.  To apply for unemployment compensation, you must bring your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214), your Social Security Card and your civilian and military job history or resume.

More information can be found at