The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) allows any displaced person the opportunity to apply for FEMA aid.
Minot Air Force Base is also providing evacuee shelter for dependents of active-duty military members and Department of Defense civilians with DoD identification. All military personnel and their families should first seek assistance through the Emergency Family Assistance Control Center (EFACC) on the base who can direct them to the appropriate agencies for assistance, provide emergency shelter and counseling services as needed, just to name a few of the support functions the EFACC provides.
The base is currently working with FEMA to establish and clarify programs available for displaced military personnel and Families. For more information, call the EFACC at (701) 723-4500.
Phone numbers, websites or locations for flood-related issues:
- North Dakota Flood Info: www.ndfloodinfo.com
- Souris and Missouri river and high-water information: www.nd.gov/des/
- FEMA ND Flooding information article
- Flood Hotline for Minot and Ward County (8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.): (701) 858-9366
- Minot Air Force Base Emergency Family Assistance Center (emergency shelter, information, referral & support, donations): (701) 723-4500
- Pet shelter at North Central Extension Center (will close 31 August): one mile south of Minot at 5400 Highway 83 S. Service provided by the Souris Valley Animal Shelter, pets will be relocated to the animal shelter and placed into foster care for long term temporary care.
- Pet boarding at Sterling Kennels, Minot. Call ahead at 852-6379
- Mid-Dakota Chapter of American Red Cross in Minot: 852-2828
- FEMA: (800) 621-3362 or www.disasterassistance.gov. Call immediately if you have any damages. Disaster Recovery Center moved to Ward County Courthouse.
- Small Business Administration SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center moved to Wells Fargo Bank, 15 Second Ave. SW, Minot, ND
- Salvation Army in Minot (701) 838-8925
- Minot Area Recovery Fund: Call 852-0646; send donations to Minot Area Recovery Fund, Wells Fargo Center, 15-2nd Ave. SW, Suite 102, Minot, ND 58701 or visit www.centerforcommunitygiving.com
- Bismarck City Flood Information line (701) 355-1659
- Disaster Recovery Center: Bank of North Dakota, 1200 Memorial Highway, Bismarck, ND
- Mandan / Morton County Emergency Management: (701) 667-3307
- Small Business Administration: SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955. Customer service reps from the SBA are available at the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center located in the Bank of North Dakota, 1200 Memorial Highway, Bismarck.
- Department of Veterans Affairs may be able to help flood victims who have VA loans in the affected areas. See more information (PDF). go to () or contact the nearest VA Regional Loan Center at (877) 827-3702. People can also contact the Ward County Veterans Service Office at 857-6490.