The mission of the Office of Veterans' Affairs is to be the advocate for the state's 413,000 veterans in all matters that pertain to veterans.
- Inform veterans, families and survivors of benefits
- Initiate and process veterans' claims for benefits
- Manage the South Carolina Free Tuition Program
- Manage the South Carolina State Veterans' Cemetery in Anderson, SC
- Assist in the management of the South Carolina Veterans' nursing homes
- Update and maintain the South Carolina "War Roster"
- Coordinate the South Carolina Veterans Advocacy Council
- Respond to inquiries regarding the veterans' benefits
- Administer the South Carolina Miltiary Family Relief Fund
Click here to find out more information.