Skip Navigation
Mon Jul 06, 2015
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools Total Army Strong
My AOS Page Services Locator
Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again:

Art Buchwald once said, "Tax reform is taking the taxes off things that have been taxed in the past and putting taxes on things that haven't been taxed before." Ever since the Boston Tea Party, taxes have been a never-ending resource for humorists, since everyone understands the joke. Complicated tax forms, W-2s, 1099s, tax brackets, deductions, standard or itemized; all are designed to separate you from your money each year on April 15. Fortunately, Armed Forces personnel, retirees, and their families have ready access to free tax assistance.

Taxes: No Laughing Matter

The Working Families Relief Tax Act of 2004 should help low-income troops in combat zones.

Changes in the tax law have improved benefits for death gratuity, travel for reservist, child care and other issues.

Information about the military's 2004 W-2 forms.

This article is about what to do if April 15 is approaching, and you haven't yet filed your taxes. Includes links to various IRS web pages and a military-related section.

The IRS has created a new web site to offer assistance to deploying active duty, Guard and Reserve Soldiers. Information on tax filing and special pay, tax relief and combat zone exclusion is available.