Skip Navigation
Fri Jan 20, 2017
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Service Providers

Click on a Service Provider or Reference below for more information.

What are the eligibility requirements for Transitional Health Care?  
Service members who were released from active duty on or after January 1, 2002 can obtain transitional health care benefits in the military health system. To be eligible, the service member categories include: a member who is involuntarily separated from active duty; a reserve component member who is separated from active duty and who was called up or ordered in support of a contingency operation for an active duty period of more than 30 days; a member who is separated from active duty and is involuntarily retained in support of a contingency operation; a member who is separated from active duty following a voluntary agreement to stay on active duty for a period of less than one year in support of a contingency mission. Other restrictions apply. For more information about eligibility for the transitional health care benefits, contact a service personnel representative in the individual service branches (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Public Health Service, or the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration) or visit the TRICARE Web site at
Keywords: Medical treatment, Transition, Healthcare, Medical

Question & Answer Service Providers  
Service ProviderReferenceMeans of Delivery
Department of Defense Pre-Separation Guide 2001 Publication
Family Program Coordinator US Army National Guard Verbal
Soldier and Family Assistance Program Manager Verbal
TRICARE Publication
U.S. Army Reserve Family Program Director Verbal

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: