Skip Navigation
Tue Jan 24, 2017
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Service Providers

Click on a Service Provider or Reference below for more information.

How can my foreign-born spouse become a U.S. citizen?  
Naturalization is the process by which a foreign citizen national obtains U.S. citizenship after fulfilling the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). In order to become a U.S. citizen, applicants must demonstrate good moral character, an attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution, and a favorable disposition toward the United States. Naturalization requirements also include the established a period of continuous residency and physical presence in the U.S.; the ability to read, write, and speak English; and knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government. The latter naturalization requirements may be modified or waived for certain applicants, such as spouses of U.S. citizens. Contact the nearest U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services field office for more information.
Keywords: Becoming a US citizen

Question & Answer Service Providers  
Service ProviderReferenceMeans of Delivery
Army Community Service Verbal
Chain of Command Verbal
Staff Judge Advocate Verbal
State Department Internet
United States Consulate Written

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: