Skip Navigation
Thu Jan 19, 2017
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Service Providers

Click on a Service Provider or Reference below for more information.

What rules are there about changing one's name?  
In most states, common law legal practices allow you to legally change your name by usage only. However, it is recommended that you obtain an official court document to get government agencies and many private organizations such as banks to accept your new name. Also, you will need a legal document in order to change certain types of identification such as your Social Security card, passport, and military identification card.
Keywords: Legal Issues, changing names

Question & Answer Service Providers  
Service ProviderReferenceMeans of Delivery
Army Community Service Information and Referral Services Verbal
Civilian Personnel Office Verbal
Division of Motor Vehicles Verbal
Human Resources Verbal
Local Court House Written
Local Financial Institutions Verbal
Military Personnel Office Verbal
Personnel and Administration Center Verbal
Social Security Administration Publication
Staff Judge Advocate Verbal

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: