Skip Navigation
Mon Jan 16, 2017
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook
My AOS Page Services Locator

Question & Answer Service Providers

Click on a Service Provider or Reference below for more information.

How can my spouse or family contact me in the event of an emergency when I am deployed?  
In the event of an emergency, the best way for a spouse or family member to contact the deployed Soldier is to call the local American Red Cross chapter. They have procedures in place to relay emergency messages to deployed Soldiers. If the emergency is serious enough to warrant the Soldier to request emergency leave (e.g., death of an immediate family member), the Soldier will generally need to have the Red Cross message to verify the information prior to his/her leave being approved. The Rear Detachment Commander can assist with this process as well.
Keywords: Grief, Burial, Bereavement, Funeral, ARC, Emergency communications, Deployment

Question & Answer Service Providers  
Service ProviderReferenceMeans of Delivery
American Red Cross Verbal
Army Community Service Verbal
Chain of Command Verbal
Chain of Concern Verbal
Chaplain Verbal
Rear Detachment Commander Verbal

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: