Skip Navigation
Thu Aug 13, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

DEERS -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

Do I need to enroll my newborn in TRICARE?

TRICARE provides TRICARE Prime coverage for your newborn for the first 120 days of the newborn's life--as long as one additional family member is enrolled in TRICARE Prime. After 120 days, your newborn would be covered under the TRICARE Standard benefit - with lesser benefits and increased costs unless you enroll your newborn in TRICARE Prime. Contact the regional TRICARE contractor to determine if you reside in a TRICARE Prime service area.

How often do I need to update my and my family's Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) record?

Sponsors should update theirs and their family's Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) records whenever your eligibility and personal information changes. This includes changes in your military career, address, family status, etc.

What is the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS)?

The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is the an automated information system designed to maintain timely and accurate information on service members and dependents who are eligible for military benefits and entitlements, and to detect and prevent fraud and abuse in the distribution of these benefits and entitlements. It is important that DEERS records get updated when personal eligibility information changes to ensure continuance of benefits (such as TRICARE coverage). This includes changes in military career status; addresses; and family status (marriage, divorce, birth, and adoption) etc.

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: