Skip Navigation
Thu Aug 13, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Health Risks -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

Can I bring my pets with me when I move OCONUS?

Generally, it is acceptable to bring your pets with you when you move OCONUS, at your own expense. Note that some countries have a mandatory pet quarantine requirement. Reimbursement for mandatory pet quarantine fees is authorized not to exceed $550 per Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move.

Where can I find out about any health risks in my local area (e.g., West Nile virus, lyme's disease, etc.)?

There are several sources for you to find out about any health risks in your local area. One of the first resources to consult is your local military treatment facility (MTF) or your local civilian health facility. Another resource is your local, State, or Federal Environmental Protection Agency.

Where can I obtain information on suicide prevention?

Your local Military Treatment Facility (MTF) or other health provider can provide you with information on suicide prevention or provide counseling services. Another local resource is your military chaplain or other religious service provider. Consult your local phone book for additional suicide prevention hotlines and resources in your local community or visit online resources such as the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention website or the Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE) website. For emergencies, your local crisis center or call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433).

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: