Skip Navigation
Thu Oct 29, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Postal Services -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

How do I have my mail forwarded from an old address to a new address?

You can have your mail forwarded from an old address to a new address by completing a change of address form at your local U.S. Post Office or complete this form online at Note that they will forward your mail for a set period of time so it is important to inform your friends, family and those with whom you do business of your new address. Magazines will be forwarded for 60 days; most catalogs are not forwarded.

How does the Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) operate while stationed overseas?

The Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) are official U.S. post offices used by service members, their family members and other authorized personnel serving overseas.

What restrictions are there for mail sent to my deployed Soldier?

There are several things you should be aware of when sending mail to your deployed Soldier. For example, recognize that it may take longer than usual to reach your Soldier depending on his/her location, there may be customs restrictions on the size and type of items sent, and it is very important that you have the correct identifying information included in the address. For more information, contact the unit's Rear Detachment Commander (RDC), a point of contact (POC) at the Family Assistance Center (FAC), or your Family Readiness Group (FRG) leader who can advise you on mailing procedures.

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: