Skip Navigation
Fri Sep 18, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Child Programs -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

What is the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program?

The purpose of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children - better known as the WIC Program - is to help safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, & children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.

What services do ASYMCA facilities provide?

The Armed Services YMCA (ASYMCA) provides educational, recreational, social and religious support to the military.

Where can I find out about after school programs and child care resources for my children?

Your local military community Child Development Services (CDS) center and/or Child and Youth Services (CYS) can provide a lot of information on different programs and/or child care resources for you. The CDS offers child care and hosts other special events for young children. The CYS is a good resource for sports programs, summer camp, musical lessons, dances and other recreational outlets for school-aged children. For civilian resources, you can check with your local YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, Schools, and your local Chamber of Commerce.

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: