Skip Navigation
Tue Aug 04, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Community Information -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

Are there any resources on post to help me learn about home maintenance and improvements?

If you live in Government quarters, you should have access to a Self-Help store on post. They typically stock standard supplies needed to maintain a home (e.g., heater filters, shower heads, curtain rods, grass seed and lawn fertilizer) as well as some equipment that you can borrow (e.g., lawn mowers, edgers, hedge clippers and other gardening tools, ladders, etc.) and can often give you some instructions. Many of the large home improvement stores offer home repair/improvement demonstrations and sell books and videos in this area. You can also find books and videos on home repairs and improvements in your local libraries and book stores, as well as on TV and the Internet.

Who do I contact for juvenile delinquency prevention and control?

Each state in the U.S. has an Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention that works with local agencies and schools to coordinate programs, policies and studies to prevent and control juvenile delinquency such as student courts, mentoring programs and juvenile boot camps. Your local schools, libraries, and law enforcement agencies should be able to provide some information or check your local phone book or the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) website for links to programs in your area (

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: