Skip Navigation
Thu Aug 13, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Deployment -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

What do I do if I've lost my military ID card and my Soldier is deployed?

The first thing you should do if you have lost your military ID card is to contact the local military police (MP) to report the incident. In most cases, you will not be issued a replacement ID card without a memorandum from the MP stating that the incident was reported. If your Soldier is deployed, the ID Card Processing center should be able to work with you to replace your ID card without your sponsor physically being present.

What is a Family Care Plan?

A Family Care Plan outlines the short and long term child care provisions for your child or children. It is required of certain service members such as single parents and dual-military parents to ensure that families are taken care of during times of drills, annual training, mobilization and deployment. They typically include the name and contact information for a non-military person agrees to accept care of the member's children at any time, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, in the event the military member is called to duty or deployed with no-notice. The short-term provider must live nearby and sign the family care plan, indicating that they understand the responsibilities that are being entrusted to them. The military member(s) must also designate a second non-military person, who agrees to provide long-term care for their children in the event the military member(s) are deployed for a significant period, or in the event they are selected for an unaccompanied overseas tour, or are assigned to a ship at sea. The long-term care provider does not have to live in the local area, but the family care plan must contain provisions to transfer the child(ren) from the short-term care provider to the long-term care provider (finances, airline tickets, etc.), in the event a no-notice deployment turns into a long-term deployment. The long-term care provider must sign the family care plan, indicating that they understand the responsibilities that are being entrusted to them.

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: