Skip Navigation
Thu Aug 13, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Listing

Select a Question & Answer entry to see a list of service providers.

Money Matters -- Question & Answer Listing  
Question / Answer

As a member of a reserve component, am I entitled to CONUS COLA?

By law, a member with a Reserve Component is required to be on active duty 140 days before he/she is entitled to a CONUS Cost of Living Allowance (COLA), unless the call or order to active duty is in support of a contingency operation.

What is the difference between whole and term life insurance?

Term insurance is designed to meet temporary needs and provides protection for a specific period of time, generally paying a benefit only if you die during that period of time. Term insurance is used to provide coverage of expenses that will disappear at a specific time. For example, you may only need coverage until your children graduate college or until your mortgage is paid off. Whole-Life (or permanent) insurance provides lifelong protection. The full-face amount of the policy is paid upon the insured individual’s death. Permanent life insurance accumulates cash on a tax-deferred basis, and that value can be used to supplement your retirement income or help provide for a child's education.

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: