Skip Navigation
Sat Sep 19, 2020
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Confidential Help: 800-342-9647     Technical Support: 877-811-ARMY
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools ARMYBook

Question & Answer Service Providers

Click on a Service Provider or Reference below for more information.

Are there any approval requirements for Family Readiness Groups (FRGs) and/or other private organizations associated with a military community to hold a fundraising event?  
Whomever is coordinating the event should discuss the proposed fundraiser with your organization’s commander, rear detachment officer, president, or other senior leader and get approval. In most military communities, you will have to submit a request letter to an approving authority to hold the fundraising event. Typically, this letter is submitted to the Directorate of Community Activities; however, contact your local command for specific guidelines. If you plan on holding the event at a concession or public area on post, you may also need to get permission from the manager in charge of that area (e.g., Post Exchange or Commissary manager). Consult the Army Family Readiness Leader’s Handbook, as well as the other resources provided, for more information on fundraising.
Keywords: leadership, Fund raising

Question & Answer Service Providers  
Service ProviderReferenceMeans of Delivery
Army Community Service Operation R.E.A.D.Y. Handbook Publication
Army Community Service The Army Family Readiness Group Leader's Handbook Publication
Defense Finance and Accounting Service Finance and Accounting Policy Information IN 37-104-4 Military Pay and Allowances Policy and Procedures (Active Component) Publication
U.S. Army War College Red Phase Blue Phase A Guide for the Training Battalion Commander's Spouse/Representative
U.S. Army War College Spouse Battle Book Publication

Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again: