The VIP program is sponsored by the Kellogg Company, The Minute Maid Company, Keebler, Clorox Corporation, and Gardetto Foods and is endorsed and administered by the National Military Family Association.
Ms. Cartwright's exceptional level of community involvement stands as a shining example for others to emulate. Some of the highlights of Ms. Cartwright's volunteer efforts include:
- Spear-headed and/or participated in countless fundraising activities during the last two years for the Fort Hood Officers' Wives' Club, raising well over --> 00,000
- Personally made 11 quilts as a thank you for the hostesses at the Annual Tour of Homes
- Serves as a recorder and facilitator for Army Family Action Plan (AFAP). Through her AFAP contributions, she has continued to reach out to community and worked tirelessly to enhance quality of life and community connections on all levels.
- As the key volunteer for Santa's Workshop, she coordinated food concession booths for a special Charity Basketball Game with the Dallas Cowboys, organized Pictures with Santa, Buy-A-Smile, Adopt-A-Child and gift-wrappings. She even handmade a new suit for Santa
- Supports, promotes, and participates in the National "Make A Difference Day"
It is virtually impossible to overstate this volunteer's capacity for selfless giving. Her seemingly boundless energy, genuine desire and determination to make a difference are truly inspiring.
She will receive a --> ,000 cash award and, along with a companion, spend a fun filled week in Washington, DC for a formal presentation of the award at NMFA's 30th Anniversary Celebration in November. Recipients will meet their Congressional representatives on Capitol Hill, visit with senior representatives of their service at the Pentagon, and be honored at a special dinner and luncheon events.
The other recipients of the award include:
- MSgt Carmela D Wharton of Bolling AFB, Washington, DC nominated by the Family Support Center of Bolling AFB
- MSgt Oscar Mendoza of Hill AFB, Utah, nominated by the Officer's Spouses Club of Hill AFB.
- Penny Crawford, of Paducah, Kentucky, nominated by Marine Corps Recruiting Station, Louisville, Kentucky