Background | Purpose | Eligibility | Nominating Procedures | Format | Archive
- The nomination of volunteers whose contributions are believed to merit this recognition, will be made by installations on an annual basis, and must be received by the IMCOM Regions or specified MACOMs by 1 September. There is no limit on the number of nominations that may be submitted, but installations are under no obligation to submit nominations. This award is intended to be prestigious and the contributions of nominees should be exemplary.
- Nominations will be prepared in the prescribed format and emailed with a cover letter signed by the installation commander endorsing the nominations.
- Regions will review the nominations, preferably by committee, to ensure they meet the criteria in Section III. When a nomination does not fully meet the criteria, Region review should focus on recommending an alternative recognition that would be more appropriate.
- One copy of each nomination considered appropriate for receipt of the award will be forwarded using a cover letter signed by the Region commander endorsing the nomination(s) and including the following statement: This nominee meets all eligibility criteria for the Emma Marie Baird Award. Forward the package to IMCOM G9, ATTN: IMWR-F, Family Programs Division - Denise James, 2455 Reynolds Road, Ft. Sam Houston, TX 78234-7588 by 1 November.
- IMCOM G9 will designate a committee to review the nominations. All nominations considered appropriate for receipt of the award will be forwarded for signature of the Chief of Staff of the Army. Signed certificates and lapel pins will be mailed to Regions or installations for presentation during National Volunteer Week recognition ceremonies. Nominations which do not meet the criteria will be returned to Regions.