Background | Purpose | Eligibility | Nominating Procedures | Format | Archive
Nomination Format For the Emma Marie Baird Award
Please submit nomination's for the Emma Marie Baird Award using Microsoft Word in the following format:
Note: Place the name of the volunteer in the top left corner of every page of the nomination.
- On the first page (Section I), include the following:
- The name of the volunteer (top left corner of every page)
- The official installation mailing address
- The service period covered
- Previous awards received.
- On the next 1-2 pages (Section II), under the heading "ACS VOLUNTEER SERVICE," prepare the basis for the nomination. Describe only the contributions the volunteer made to ACS. Do not exceed two pages, single-spaced - INCLUDE FOLLOWING:
- What were tangible and/or intangible benefits to agency or community?
- Describe action(s) that resulted in new or improved initiative or originality.
- Describe leadership that resulted in improved productivity or new or improved work method, program and/or services.
- On the next page (Section III), under the heading "OTHER VOLUNTEER SERVICE", prepare the basis for the nomination. (See 2. a, b, c. above) Please keep in mind that these contributions will only highlight that the volunteer is well rounded
Note: The primary basis for the award is the volunteer's ACS contributions. Do not exceed one page, single-spaced.
- (Section IV) Use scripted format under “SAMPLE FORMAT FOR SECTION IV” for Citation. You will describe your nominee’s characteristics in 35 words or less. Pull words from Section II and III.
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR SECTION ONE
|NAME OF VOLUNTEER:
INSTALLATION MAILING ADDRESS:
SERVICE PERIOD COVERED:
PREVIOUS AWARDS RECEIVED: List in reverse chronological order beginning with most recent award received.
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR SECTION II
NAME OF VOLUNTEER:
BASIS FOR NOMINATION: ACS VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Do not exceed two pages, single-spaced. Describe the contributions the volunteer made to ACS.
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR SECTION III
NAME OF VOLUNTEER:
BASIS FOR NOMINATION: OTHER VOLUNTEER SERVICE
Do not exceed one page, single-spaced. Describe the contributions the volunteer made to other military and civilian community organizations. These contribution will only highlight that the volunteer is well rounded; the award is for ACS contributions.
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR SECTION IV
NAME OF VOLUNTEER
Prepare a double-spaced proposed citation with no more than 90 words that highlights the significance of the individual's achievements.
- FOR OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTIONS TO ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE FROM Year Service Commended TO THE PRESENT WHILE SERVING AS THE Position Title AT Name of Installation/Garrison. Nominee’s Name, IS AN Describe Characteristics in 35 Words or less. Mr or Mrs Last Name EXTRAORDINARY DEDICATION AND SUSTAINED SERVICE ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE QUALITIES OF LIEUTENTANT COLONEL EMMA MARIE BAIRD AND REFLECT GREAT CREDIT ON him or her, ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE AND THE UNITED STATES ARMY.