Background | Purpose | Eligibility | Nominating Procedures | Format | Archive
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility will be determined by the following:
- Volunteered in an Army Community Service (ACS) center at an installation/garrison and/or Joint Base Family Center in support of Army Family Programs.
- Nomination covers a minimum of 3,750 volunteer hours over a 5 year period
- Nomination covers a minimum period of one year of service within the center submitting the nomination.
- Nominee demonstrated a high degree of initiative and originality which resulted in tangible and/or intangible benefits to the agency and/or community.
- Nominee exhibited leadership in performing assigned duties that resulted in improved productivity, or new or improved work methods, programs and/or services.
- Nominee provided outstanding leadership in planning, organizing, or directing a major program of importance or complexity.
- Nominee established a pattern of excellence and achievement by receiving recognition for contributions made to other military and civilian community organizations
- Nominee must have the endorsement of Installation commander or equivalent.
NOTE: Long periods of service do not, of themselves, constitute sufficient basis for conferring this award.