Skip Navigation
Tue Nov 21, 2017
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Army OneSource
Commander's Page Online Training
Volunteer Tools Total Army Strong
Full Website
This site may not be optimized
for a mobile browsing experience.
Please don't show me this again:

Army Community Service (ACS)

Attend the next newcomer orientation and tour, if available. You will get a head start on settling in and becoming acquainted with your new home.

If you have settled into your new home but your still haven’t received your household goods, visit ACS to check out household items from the lending closet.

If you are traveling outside the United States (OCONUS), there may be a variety of cultural classes that you might want to attend. In Europe, you can attend Culture College. In other countries, such as Korea or Japan, language and culture classes are typically available, along with tours, cooking classes, and other events.

Is your spouse interested in working at your new location? Be sure to visit the ACS Employment Readiness Program and find out what jobs may be out there. Remember to look for local employers who participate in the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP).

If spouse employment is not available, consider volunteering! It’s a great way to learn a new skill and add to a resume, and for new spouses it’s a great way to learn about the Army. Your local Army Volunteer Corps manager can provide all the details.

Also if you or your new spouse are not a U.S. Citizen, you can apply to become a Naturalized Citizen by visiting USCIS.

Visit Relocation Readiness for:

  • Newcomers Orientations
  • Lending Closet
  • Welcome Packets
  • Hearts Apart Program
  • Information on other ACS programs

  • If traveling OCONUS, learn the Do's and Don'ts about that country's culture. It can go a long way in making your tour that much more enjoyable.
  • If your spouse received her Permanent Residence through marriage from the Military, she can process her Naturalization paperwork while overseas.



Military OneSource provides an installation program directory that allows you to search for your local Relocation Assistance Program Office.

Click Here to access
the MOS Moving page and
utilize program directory.

*The directory is located on the right side halfway down the page.