I am Rico, Community Support Coordinator for Eastern Texas. To strengthen its efforts to build stronger working relationships with greater numbers of community partners, the Army formed a team of Community Support Coordinators to build and support the Army in every community across the United States by combining and linking resources. Families now have the choice to access services by phone, through web-based support, through face-to-face contact at a local Military facility. Any of these methods can link to locally based community partners. Strategically located across the United States and the Pacific region, Army Community Support Coordinators work with a growing number of community-based organizations to increase the reach and scope of services to Soldiers and Families.
Our Community Support Coordinators have established key legal and financial partnerships that will help make your life as a member of the Army Family better!
Army Community Covenant Letters
Actor D.B. Sweeney is collecting open letters to U.S. Service Members from the Hollywood community expressing their support and thanks. The "Letter from Hollywood" project kicks off today with a letter from actor Cuba Gooding Jr. Please read his letter at www.army.mil/community. We welcome feedback about the letters on the discussion board of the Community Covenant Facebook page.
A new letter will be posted every Tuesday.
- GI Bill Comparison chart
- GI Bill General Information
- Use these tools and resources to better equip you in understanding your benefit needs.
- Physical Evaluation Board Forum
- useful site for navigating the medical evaluation board process
- Troops to Teachers
- Troops to Teachers is a U.S. Department of Education and Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools where their skills, knowledge and experience are most needed.
- Mental Health Services
- Mental health services for the returning Iraq/Afghanistan troops and family members who are residents in Smith, Henderson, Wood, Bowie, Cass, Franklin, Lamar, Morris, Red River, Titus, Camp, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Panola, Rusk and Upshur counties through Andrews Outpatient Clinic in Tyler, Texas.
- National Resource Directory
- The National Resource Directory is an online partnership for wounded, ill and injured Service Members, Veterans, their Families, and those who support them.
For Eastern Texas news stories, click here.
Subscribe to information from the Eastern Texas Support Coordinator! Follow the links below and select ‘Subscribe to this feed.’