Hello and welcome to the Mississippi Community Support page. My name is Richard and I am the State Community Support Coordinator for Mississippi. My goal with Army OneSource is to provide resources and support services and to implement a proactive and integrated program to ensure all customers receive the same quality of service and support from the closest component resource.
Contact me at RPatton@afsc.com or 601-850-0266.
Veterans and active duty military can join millions of their fellow Americans and save money at tax time. MyFreeTaxes provides free federal and state tax preparation and filing assistance both online and in person for qualified individuals and families earning $58,000 or less. MyFreeTaxes.com is the only free online tax preparation and filing service available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., allowing users to file both a federal and state return no matter where they live. Learn more at myfreetaxes.com/ArmyOneSource.
These cities have an IRS certified tax coach onsite in a Veterans organization to assist Service members, Veterans and their Family members with preparing their own taxes through MyFreeTaxes.
- Washington DC – VA Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Dallas, TX – Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Atlanta, GA – Ft. McPherson Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Nashville, TN - Operation Stand Down
- Detroit, MI – VA Hospital & Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Jacksonville, FL – City of Jax Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services
- Chicago, IL – Workforce Centers promoting through Veterans staff
- Los Angeles, CA – Workforce Centers promoting through Veterans staff
Attention National Guard Families! Our Military Kids wants to help your family through this deployment.
If you have a child ages 5 to 18 whose parent is currently deployed overseas with the National Guard (180-day deployments for Army, 120-day deployments for Air), your child is eligible for a grant. The grants, which can be up to $500, will pay for up to six months of an extracurricular activity of your choice. This includes sports, fine arts, and tutoring programs – almost any activity other than religious programs, daycare, and private school tuition.
The process is simple.
Click here to select the appropriate one page application.
- Download and complete the application, send it to Our Military Kids – along with copies of three supporting documents:
1) A copy of the Title 10 deployment orders;
2) A form of ID for your child that proves dependency to the service member – we accept a Military ID, birth certificate, or 1172 DEERS form;
3) Fee/pricing information that clearly states the cost of the activity of your choice – a flyer, brochure, invoice, etc.
- After Our Military Kids receives your application and documents, a check is sent within 14 days directly to the service provider of the activity.
Visit Our Military Kids FAQ page for any questions. If you don’t see an answer to your question, call the Our Military Kids office at (703) 734-6654. Keep in mind – Our Military Kids can only provide grants to children with a parent who is currently deployed – if your service member has yet to deploy, or has already returned home, the child is not eligible.
Our Military Kids looks forward to recognizing our littlest warriors for their service to our country!
|Do you need assistance
in finding local resources?
2-1-1 may be able to help.
Everyday 2-1-1 helps thousands of people across the country with free and confidential support and information. Visit www.211.org and simply type in your zip code, county and state to find resources in your local community. Whether you need financial assistance and counseling, legal assistance, education support or health care support, 2-1-1 can help put you in touch with agencies near your city or home. The service is free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Disclaimer: Reference and mentioning herein to any specific business, private organization, manufacturer, appearance of external links on this site, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its official endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government, Department of Defense, United States Army or United States Army Family and MWR Command. The views and opinions of expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government, United States Army, Department of Defense or United States Army Family and MWR Command, and shall not be used for endorsement purposes.