Welcome to the Iowa Community Support Coordinator Landing Page. I am Denise and I am the Community Support Coordinator (CSC) for the state of Iowa. As an Army OneSource (AOS) Community Support Coordinator (CSC), serving as a liaison for the Army, I am here to help you!
As a CSC, I travel throughout the state supporting various military events and connecting the geographically dispersed Soldiers and their Families with resources closest to where they live. I can connect you with a number of different resources, such as local job fairs, great deals on affordable housing, or workshops near you. CSCs make connections between local Army Family members and available services. Make Army OneSource, your source for local information, news, and valuable resources gathered by the Community Support Coordinators. We are working hard to solve the issues faced by Spouses, Family, Veterans, Retirees, Reservists and others.
If there is a resource that would be beneficial to any Army Family, please forward this information to me. As always, if you have any suggestions as to how we can make Community Support pages on Army OneSource better, use the Contact Us or Content Requests links found at the bottom of every page.
It is my pleasure to service this great state and I look forward to working with everyone.
Thank you for visiting the Iowa Community Support page and please look for more exciting news updates soon!
Veterans and active duty military can join millions of their fellow Americans and save money at tax time. MyFreeTaxes provides free federal and state tax preparation and filing assistance both online and in person for qualified individuals and families earning $58,000 or less. MyFreeTaxes.com is the only free online tax preparation and filing service available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., allowing users to file both a federal and state return no matter where they live. Learn more at myfreetaxes.com/ArmyOneSource.
These cities have an IRS certified tax coach onsite in a Veterans organization to assist Service members, Veterans and their Family members with preparing their own taxes through MyFreeTaxes.
- Washington DC – VA Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Dallas, TX – Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Atlanta, GA – Ft. McPherson Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Nashville, TN - Operation Stand Down
- Detroit, MI – VA Hospital & Veterans Community Resource & Referral Center
- Jacksonville, FL – City of Jax Department of Military Affairs & Veterans Services
- Chicago, IL – Workforce Centers promoting through Veterans staff
- Los Angeles, CA – Workforce Centers promoting through Veterans staff
Download the MyFreeTaxes Flyer for more information.
Attention National Guard Families! Our Military Kids wants to help your family through this deployment.
If you have a child ages 5 to 18 whose parent is currently deployed overseas with the National Guard (180-day deployments for Army, 120-day deployments for Air), your child is eligible for a grant. The grants, which can be up to $500, will pay for up to six months of an extracurricular activity of your choice. This includes sports, fine arts, and tutoring programs – almost any activity other than religious programs, daycare, and private school tuition.
The process is simple.
Click here to select the appropriate one page application.
- Download and complete the application, send it to Our Military Kids – along with copies of three supporting documents:
1) A copy of the Title 10 deployment orders;
2) A form of ID for your child that proves dependency to the service member – we accept a Military ID, birth certificate, or 1172 DEERS form;
3) Fee/pricing information that clearly states the cost of the activity of your choice – a flyer, brochure, invoice, etc.
- After Our Military Kids receives your application and documents, a check is sent within 14 days directly to the service provider of the activity.
Visit Our Military Kids FAQ page for any questions. If you don’t see an answer to your question, call the Our Military Kids office at (703) 734-6654. Keep in mind – Our Military Kids can only provide grants to children with a parent who is currently deployed – if your service member has yet to deploy, or has already returned home, the child is not eligible.
Our Military Kids looks forward to recognizing our littlest warriors for their service to our country!
Jason's Box was created to extend our hand in gratitude to men and women for their service in all our military branches.
We provide physical support and emotional encouragement by sending deployed troops items they miss from home.
And when they come home, we will be there to support their transition from military to civilian life
Disclaimer: Reference and mentioning herein to any specific business, private organization, manufacturer, appearance of external links on this site, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its official endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government, Department of Defense, United States Army or United States Army Family and MWR Command. The views and opinions of expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government, United States Army, Department of Defense or United States Army Family and MWR Command, and shall not be used for endorsement purposes.