Tutor.com is a live, online tutoring and career help service available in English and Spanish 24 hours a day, no matter where you live.
How it Works:
Army affiliated students submit a one-time registration (at right) to obtain their passcode. Students can then use it to log in (at right) from home or any computer. They enter their grade level and the subject they need help in. They are then connected to the first available subject expert tutor in an online classroom. Students and tutors work together in an online classroom using controlled chat and an interactive white board. Students can send computer files, such as essays, to the tutor for review and assistance. They can also share educational websites.
- Educational support is available for Kindergarten – 12th grade and college prep.
- Subjects supported are all grade levels of math, science, English, and social studies.
- Preparations for career transitions, writing resumes and studying for exams are available for Adults.
About the Tutors:
Tutors are certified teachers, college professors, professional tutors or graduate school students from across the country, who have been hired by Tutor.com, the provider of Live Homework Help®. Tutors with expertise in math (including algebra, geometry and calculus), science (including earth science, biology, chemistry and physics), social studies and English composition are available.
A Safe Online Environment:
Tutors undergo a criminal background check and a reference check before being hired by Tutor.com. They are prohibited from asking for any personal information from the student and from contacting the student outside the online classroom. Live Homework Help® is a completely anonymous program, to protect student's safety and identity.
Recommended browser and operating system configurations are as follows:
- Internet Explorer (6.0 or higher) Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Safari (2.0 or higher) Mac OS X
- Firefox (2.0 or higher) Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X
Additional Recommendations for Optimal Use:
- Flash Player version 8 (browser plug-in)
- Microsoft Silverlight (browser plug-in)
(Click here to download Microsoft Silverlight)
- Internet connection - minimum speed of 56K.
*For United States (U.S.) active duty military service members, U.S. military reservists, U.S. National Guard personnel on active duty and DoD civilians, and their dependents.
To register or log into Tutor.com,
You will simply select your grade and subject, and connect to a live tutor!
Live Homework Help® is available at home 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Live Homework Help ® is closed on the following holidays: January 1, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving, & December 25.
In addtion to providing 24/7 Online tutoring, the CYSS Study Strong program supports students through the following:
- Child Youth and School Services (CYSS) Homework Centers are after school programs facilitated by teaching professionals in our School Age and Youth Services facilities.
- CYSS Youth Tech Labs use established technology curriculum in school-age and middle school/teen programs.
- SKIESUnlimited Instructional Program provides instructional enhancement classes.
- Homeschool Support is provided for those Families who choose to homeschool their children. The School Liaison Officers share options and requirements, including part day programs for children in the arts, physical education, music, access to facilities, computer labs and academic materials to support homeschooled students.